Thursday, December 3, 2015

Getting (and staying) in the Mood

One of the things I sometimes struggle with during the build up to Christmas is the expectation that everything will be perfect. The kids will get along, nothing will blow up at work, my house will be perfectly decorated and clean. That kind of expectation can be hard to live up to.  We are going to my mom and dad's this year. My fathers has Alzheimer's and this may be his last Christmas where he's really there, if you know what I mean. I'm trying hard this year to focus on the simple things that make it feel like Christmas. If I don't get matching pajama pants made for all the kids, that will be ok. Holiday music, my family, hot chocolate and flannel pajamas! That's my formula. Any times for surviving holiday stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment