Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Spiked Hot Chocolate!

Now that we are safely in December and can put away our pumpkin lattes, it's time for spiked hot chocolate! When I was in college in Connecticut, my parents always came to NYC in December for a business meeting my dad attended. I'd take a few days and stay with them at the Plaza, shop and got to a show. One night at the Marriot in Times Square, I ordered something called a Stage Coach. It was hot chocolate, Baileys, peppermint schnapps topped with whipped cream and  stirred with a candy cane. Put simply, it was heaven. I recreate it every year. Delish has several yummy sounding hot chocolate recipes up right now but as always, the peppermint hot chocolate is my favorite. Sound yummy? Which one is your favorite?


Ingredients

  • 1/4 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
  • 1/2 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
  • 1 c. hot chocolate
  • Whipped cream, for serving
  • Crushed peppermint candy, for serving

Directions

  1. Add peppermint schnapps, chocolate liqueur, and hot chocolate to a sauce pan. Heat mixture then add to serving glass.
  2. Garnish with whip cream and crushed peppermint candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment