Saturday, December 7, 2013

I Really Tried

Ok, I really tried to watch the new version of Sound of Music that was live on NBC this past Thursday, really I did. The movie version with Julie Andrews is literally one of my favorite movies, but I like Carrie Underwood so I tried to keep an open mind. I knew it wasn't the movie but more like the stage version so I didn't expect it to be exactly the same. Well, not so much. Carrie can sing, but she really can't act. Am I alone in thinking Anne Hathaway would have been a better choice?  Stephen Moyer, who played the Captain just seemed to young to me, plus I couldn't get past his True Blood persona. There was zero chemistry between him and Carrie as well. The kids were charming and I thought Rolf was way cuter, I've always thought the movie version of Rolf was just a tad creepy. It was Audra McDonald though who stole the show. I actually went to elementary school with Audra where she was 2 years ahead of me at Bullard Elementary in Fresno, CA. She's always been a star, even in Fresno. Her Climb Very Mountain was fabulous. Did any of you watch it?  What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. You are braver than I am....I just couldn't bring myself to watch! I tried to watch the movie Mama Mia after seeing it onstage and couldn't sit through it so I decided to leave the Sound of Music alone and stay true to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. Have watched it twice. So much better than I thought it would be. Grew up listening to the stage soundtrack on a record player at home. Love how the Baroness and Max sing in the stage version. Such a great job done by all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was disappointed too! I really wanted it to "work" but sweet Carrie just is not an actress. :(

    ReplyDelete