Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Celebrating Thanksgiving

I'm stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that Christmas is sneaking into my Thanksgiving. So while red cups abound and I'm starting to see posts about great holiday gifts, I'm going to share a great blog called Champagne & Macaroons. I found this beautiful blog in my wanderings while celebrating my inner French girl. There are beautiful pictures of Paris and a wonderful spread about Thanksgiving entertaining. But what I thought sounded yummy was this recipe for Pumpkin white hot chocolate.

Ingredients

1 cup of heavy cream

2 cups of milk – I use skim milk

1 cup of good quality white chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice

Whipped cream and additional pumpkin spice to sprinkle on top.

Directions

1. Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot but not boiling.

2. In a medium sized bowl, pour heated cream and milk over white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted.

3. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.

4. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.

A few tips:

Keep a close eye on the milk and cream mixture – once it is hot, turn off the flame. It doesn’t need to come to a boil.

Use good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate. The flavor and sweetness of white chocolate really varies. I have found the Ghirardelli white chocolate chips to have the best taste and have been able to find them at almost every grocery store.


1 comment:

  1. I just peeked at that blog you mentioned and was amazed at the beautiful pictures.
    I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a week but here we are!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete