Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of Fall

This has been a crazy week as I started a new job which I am going to just love. It's much more challenging than my previous position and has a real growth potential. Today is the first day of fall. I have always loved summer but as a full time working mom, I find it more difficult to navigate sometimes than I did when I was younger or when I was a full time stay at home mom because of the endless rounds of camps. Anyway, now that the initial back to school crazy has faded, I thoght I'd make a list of what I love best about fall!
 
 Leaves changing color. To be sure, it is not the amazing site in my Norther California town that it is in the North East but we still get some.  We have nice maple tree in our yard that changes enough and drops it's leaves for the kids to rake into piles and jump in. 

 Pumpkins! I love pumpkins and fall allows me to decorate with them, cook with them and visit the pumpkin patch!

And then there is the pumpkinspice latte from Starbucks.  I also adore the gingerbread ones at Christmas.  But once I have that first pumkin spice latte I get visons of cords and cashmere and crisp apples and I know that fall has arrived! What about you?  Do like fall best? Have ant special seasonal traditions?  If so, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment