Monday, July 13, 2015

Once again, it's Brooks Brothers for the win!

I've written before about how I feel J Crew and Banana Republic have gone down hill in terms of quality and also classic style. Well, I was in Brooks Brothers over the weekend and I could have bought the whole store! Their prices may be high but their items are classic and last forever. I have a size 16 boys navy blue blazer from there that I bought in college. I won't tell you how long ago that was but it's been a while. My now 15 year old son wore it to several events when he was that size and now my 12 year old daughter has appropriated it. It still looks great. 
 
 
 This dress is even more gorgeous in real life. The colors are vibrant and the fabric crisp. The details are lovely too. The front is pin tucked and the sleeve buttons have silk knots like a man's French cuff shirt.
 I'm torn between these two tunics. On one hand, I like the navy gingham with the white collar and cuffs but I do love the navy window pane below.

 
I just love the classic colors and the great fabrics. What do you think? Been to a Brooks Brothers lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment