Monday, August 9, 2010

Now and Before?



In a lot of ways I feel these two photos illustrate exactly the disconnect so many of us feel with J Crew these days. The cute gray pencil skirt is slightly different from the top to bottom picture which I think is is from fall 2008 or 09. I see the ruffled top but the model looks great, she is smiling, the styling is clean and yet fun with those great purple shoes. I want to buy each piece in the hope I would look as great as this girl does. The I look at the picture of the first model which is on line and in the stores now. I've actually seen and tried on this skirt in real life and it's really pretty and in fact on my want list but look at the styling. Ugly clunky boots, messy hair, a gray tee shirt and military jacket. Not to mention the model looks like she just rolled out of bed and hasn't eaten or combed her hair in a month. I don't want to look like that. I know that we all moan about the "old J Crew" but these two pictures totally demonstrate why I am less excited these days. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment