Monday, August 13, 2012

Embracing the South West

I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to decorating the home. I love the Ralph Lauren/Pottery Barn tartan and rustic furniture look withe needlepoint throw pillows, blue and white china accents, you get the picture. However, our current house is much more spanish bungalow than cape code in style. I needed new couches in the worst way and my parents had recently remodled so they offered me the leather couch, love seat and wicker chair seen below. The are great with the warm wood floors and other oak furniture I already owned so I said yes.  However, the them of the house looks different now.  I've always had some Mexican art work that was a wedding gift from a close friend of my parents who live in Mexico City and my parents gave me another two pieces that went better with this furniture than what they replaced it with. So we are decidedly Southwestern now. That's not a bad thing, just taking some gettting used to.




No comments:

Post a Comment