Monday, May 19, 2014

A New Motto for a New(ish) Me!

I know I have been gone a long time but I'm back. I feel like the last almost 6 months have been a blur. Right about the middle of December I started interviewing for a new job and landed it right after the first of the year. I'm now the Director of Compliance for a small hedge fund that has never had compliance before, just a general counsel wearing 2 hats. It's been a whirlwind getting up to speed and frankly amazingly awesome.

When I saw the statement above, I knew I wanted to come back and share. I feel like I am re-energized and back in charge of who I am and what I want. I finally feel like I am someone I want my daughter to look up to. I got a great education and when it mattered was able to step up and lead. As someone who has long been insecure and it's a wonderful feeling!

Now summer is coming and I think it's going to be great. If you are still out there reading, thanks for sticking around. If you are just finding me, welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad a fellow preppy is back! Congratulations on your new job and happy outlook on life.
    Insecurity is a pain and at forty-seven I still have to fight that dragon at times. I have an eight year old daughter and I feel the same way about wanting to be my best for her.
    Have a great evening,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete