Thursday, June 5, 2014

Can I get an Amen here?

This is a slightly different post from my usual "fashion/life style posts. One of the things I sometimes struggle with professionally is what I have seen called the "imposter" syndrome. You know, that sinking feeling on the first day of college (and for me law school and my current new job) that sure you got good grades and are fully qualified to be here but any second someone will realize that you are totally faking it and throw you out?  That feeling. Ick. My current role was a huge step forward for me and I am the only C-suite level woman in the company other than the HR director who is in another office. One of the blogs I love is Capital Hills Style and Belle had a great post yesterday about women in the work place and the need to apologize for being there. Please click here to read the whole post. It was really good. I've been very conscious since I started here about my language and tone. I deserve to be here and that's what I need to project. It's not always easy but I'm getting better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment