Monday, July 11, 2011

Makover your attitude?

I love makeovers. New hair cuts, new make up, closet cleanouts, all high on my list. Right now, however, I am concentrating on making over my attitude. I've just been in a funk all summer. Summer is the time I most hate being a working parent. My kids are home with the sitter or at camp. It's expensive and I'm missing the fun. I guess I just got grouchy. I've been distrcted at work and cranky at home. Ive been making poor food choices and skipping workouts. All of which ads up to not a fun mommy who feels like she has gained about 5 pounds. This weekend though I feel like I've turned a corner. I got up this morning and did my workout and made sure I packed a good lunch instead of relying on grabing something from the shop in my building. I'm focusing on being thankful that I have such a good job instead of feeling resentful I have to do it. Lots of people are in worse shape. Every now and then I have to remind myself to look on the brighter side of things and be thankful for what I do have (which is a lot of wonderful things) instead of wishing for what I don't have and missing what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment