Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Bright Pink Pout

A makeup commandment seems to be to accent your eyes and do a light lip or light eyes and a strong lip. I tend more to the strong lip as I think nude or otherwise light lip colors wash me out. I have dark hair and eyes with a medium complexion but I have blue under tones, not olive if that makes sense. For those of you who remember back to having your "colors" done, I am a winter. Anyway, I tend towards the bright pink lip instead of red or orange. My favorite way to get this look is with the Revlon Kissable Balm Stain, I use the color "smitten" and it is a true, strong bright pink that lasts ages. Revlon's web site describes it as "It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood." It does last great and the best part is that as it fades or wears, it just softens as opposed to giving you that ring around the mouth look. Have you ever tried this product?  Are you a bright lip or a neutral gal?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, this intrigues me. It sounds like we have similar coloring (although I am fair). I am a "winter" too. I've never tried such a bright lip color,but this one does look SO pretty! And I like how it is a balm too. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright lip colors. I only buy Clinique though b/c they are unscented. Any lip taste or scent really bothers me. Clinique has balms EXACTLY like the one you have pictured. They come in intense shades or lighter tinted ones. I own about 8 different shades and love getting the free bonus gifts from stores like Dillards, Macys, and others when they have them for each season.

    ReplyDelete