Saturday, April 13, 2013

What J Crew does well

I know there has been a lot of talk recently about J Crew and how their current collections just isn't the same as it was back in the 2006-2009 hey day. I have to agree in many ways. I find most of the current skirts to be very short, the dresses are high waisted and also short and many of the wonderful wool/silk items are now poly or a blend. Plus the price point is currently insane. There is however, one item J Crew seems to do consistently well and that is the School Boy Blazer. The navy one is s staple fixture in my closet. I wear it at least once a week, sometimes more. I also have it in the chambray, in red, camel, pearl grey and white eyelet. It's a winner for me and fairly consistent in both sizing and fit so when there is a good promo I know I can take a risk. This is also one item where the factory version really is also quite good so sometimes I take a risk there. My white eyelet one is from the factory. What do you think? Are you into "School Boys" too?

No comments:

Post a Comment