Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Letting go of "When"

I just chose this picture because it is pretty and peaceful, doesn't have anything to do with this post. I subscribed to get email updates from a great blogger called Maxie McCoy. She's very inspirational but today's email really spoke to me. The title is "Your Blacking out so Ditch the When". You can read the whole thing here and it is completely worth your time. The basic idea is that so often we are holding ourselves back for when things are perfect. The perfect job and everything will be all right, loose 10 pounds and I'll be perfect, find the right partner and all will be well. This attitude keeps us from enjoying our here and now because we are obsessing and worrying about an imaginary future. I know I fall prey to this often but I'm really trying to focus on the now and not worry about the when!

No comments:

Post a Comment