Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Things to do before I'm 40


For all of you who saw my post last week about my mid-life crisis, thanks for your kind words. I have been thinking lot about it and the approach of my 40th birthday. I recognize that 40 isn't exactly old age but it is a mile stone. A place to look back and see what I have accomplished and what I still want to accomplish as I move forward. So this is a list of what I would love to feel that I have done when I am actually at that fateful day.


1. Enjoy my family more. This seems obvious but is sometimes hard for me. I have three kids, all of whom have their own set of activities that need managing and 2 that have learning disabilities. My husband is self employed which in this economy speaks for itself and I work full time as well. There are to many nights when I get home and find myself snapping at the kids just because I am tired.


2. Take better care of myself. This seems to conflict with number 1 but as I get older I need to be more careful about eating right and exercising. I want to model healthy habbits for my daught.


3. Reduce my debt level and be more responsbile about spending. Note to self, resist current Jcrew promo.


4. Focus on the good things and not dwell on the bad. I'm sort of a stewer.


5. Re-vamp my wardrobe to keep only those things that look great on me, not just the hanger. Those ruffle neck tops from Jcrew I love but are really to fussy for me. My husband starts singing "send in the clowns" whenever I wear them.


6. Become more technologically savy. I don't twitter and can't figure out polyvore and about 90% of what my new phone does.


Just in case you are still readng, the photo has nothing really to do with this post but I saw it on polyvore and it made me happy. Love the blue swimsuit.

1 comment:

  1. I think your goals are great. I am a year behind you and have been starting to think about what I thought my life would like at this point when I was 18...needless to say, reality is a bit different...still not wearing Oscar de la Renta on a daily basis and doing some of other more substantive things I thought I would be doing, but I am accepting the way life is now a bit better (silly me for being such a planner!). I always remember the line from the John Lennon song "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans"...

    I wish you the best in the upcoming year!

    PS. Love the blue too...very calming...

    ReplyDelete