Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Spring Topper


Now that the rains have stopped (I hope) and spring weather appears to be here in Northern California I have need of a light weight spring coat. What my British friends call as "topper". Here in Nor Cal, you pretty much need some sort of coat all year round, at least in the morning and late afternoons. I have my trench coat, my pea coat and my good wool one but a light spring coat. have eluded me. I adore this one at J Crew. They call it the Gondola Coat and as describe it as follows:

"A printed stripe makes an unexpected cameo in this cheery spin-off of the
classic peacoat. We started with a luxe wool crepe sourced from a Japanese mill,
then printed over it in our exclusive nautical stripe—a rare technique that
requires special craftsmanship to pull off. With cropped sleeves and a classic
nautical feel, it's the perfect piece to pull you out of a wardrobe rut.
Standing collar. Flap pockets. Functional buttons at cuffs. Lined. Hits at
midthigh. Part of J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean."
Ok, I love it but the price, $495, is out of my range right now. Anyone have any suggestions for a more wallet friendly option? Maybe I will just sale stalk this one. A girl can dream.

1 comment:

  1. It is darling. I love the stripes. Maybe it will go on sale?

    ReplyDelete