Monday, May 17, 2010

Talbots?




I have not thought about shopping at Talbots in ages. I always thought of it as geared towards a much older clientel. But clearly they have been revamping their image. Also J Crew (long my favorite) has seemed like they are veering more and more into a trendy teeny bopper look. The latest few rollouts have looked like something Forever 21 would roll out, at 3 times the price. Add that to the declining quality over at the crew and I have started to look elsewhere. I spotted this pretty web ad on Yahoo this afternoon and check out this pretty yellow pencil skirt I found. I like the look of the models on the website too. They are smiling, standing up straight and they look like they might have eaten this month. There is a Talbots on my way to the train station. I might be checking it out. What do you all think? Is this is a horrible idea destined to make me feel old or is it a smart, savy move?

5 comments:

  1. I have to say...I've been looking at Talbot's in a new light as well! It's funny because it's also my grandmother's all-time favorite store. I bought a tweed pencil skirt there last year and had to call her for advice on fit and quality! The skirt I bought is great...soft, beautiful, nicely made and fits perfectly. I have found, however, that their sizing is a little generous as I took a size down in the skirt.

    Keep us posted if you try them out! I actually have my eye on that exact skirt in navy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to shop all the time at Talbots in my 20's. I don't know why you equate it with older people. They have always had classic style of clothing. I did not buy from them in the 2000's as that is when I discovered JCrew and went overboard shopping there alone (basically 95% of the time). Recently, I started shopping there again and have ordered online from them on average 3 times a month for the past 6 months. Great items. Haven't returned a thing either;) Hope you can make a stop there or look online. Great sales now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... I'm gonna go with smart and savvy! If you like what you're seeing on the banner ads, check out our new-ish blog, redchairconfessions.com

    And when you do pop in on your way to the train, let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a long time Talbots customer. Let's just say all the clerks greet me by my name when I walk in and can point out things they know I will like. Unfortunately, recent lines have not had the quality fabrics and buttons of years past (cheap buttons!). I am looking for something to wear to work and be taken seriously. Of late, Target's Merona line is a third the price (or less) and better quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talbot's for the win! I am thinking they might strike that perfect cord of not making those of us past 35 look ancient, but not look like we're trying to dress too young for our age--with quality and without forcing us to spend 6 month's pay on over-priced designer wear that is barely seamed properly.

    ReplyDelete