Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Finally took the bait

Ok, I finally bit down and took the bait. I've been lusting after the J Crew pencil skirt in the yellowish color I think is called Bronze Ocher. I wanted it last year, didn't buy it. This year I have been looking at it on line, seeing all the cool Polyvore sets with it and generally considering it. I really wanted to see it in real life. I just wasn't sure about the color. I wasn't really sure it would work on me.

Then last night the J Crew gods smiled on me. I had to go to the mall to buy 3 copies of the book Mr. Popper's Penguin's for my son's 4th grade class. The teacher asked people to donate a couple of copies each so that each kid in the class could have one to read. The book store is very close to J Crew. So I poped in.

I told myself I wanted to see the newTartan shirt but who was I kidding. By the way, I didn't like the tartan shirt. I thought the colors were a little muted and it didn't fit well in the shoulders. But then, like a ray of sun shine there it was, the bonze ocher pencil skirt, in my size! Needless to say I grabbed it. It's a great color I never would have considered. I ended up trying it with the new navy striped tee that says Rev`e on it in sequins and a black pine forever cardigan. Again, not a combo I would have considered but loved. Needless to say, those three things came home with me!

Just as another note about the other items in the store. I wasn't really impressed. The other skirts were too short, the colors were sort of blah and I wasn't really inspired. I also wanted to see the new reindeer tee since I missed last years but it didn't thrill me as much as my other purchases did.

No comments:

Post a Comment