Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Counting Your Blessings

I love the Ray Confiff Singers Christmas Album. I remember it best from growing up and it plays on a continuous loop on my ipod this time of year. I especially like the line from the song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" that goes like this "And if you're worried and you can't sleep, you can count your blessings instead of sheep" I just think that such a great sentiment for this time of year. It's easy to get caught up in shopping, wrapping, holiday party going or to fall off the edge into scroogeville. So, to re-focus myself on what truely are my blessings this year and get me in the mood to really enjoy what matters this holiday weekend I am going to count my blessings!

1. All of my family is health and well (includes imeadiate and extended)
2. Kiddies are all doing well in school and happy
3. We have food on the table and a roof over our head
4. Hubby and I are still married and in love after 15 years of marriage and 3 kids
5. Hubbies small business is still in business and seems to be on track to survive this icky time
6. My job is stable and going strong
7. I have friends I love who love me

That's just a small list. I could go on and on but then like the song says "you'll fall asleep, counting your blessings" I still have things to get done, so I can't fall asleep right now! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment