Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Man and his Mission


We live in the great state of California. As a result all 4th graders study the state during the school year. One of the 4th grade rights of passage is the mission project. They are assigned a mission and must do a report and creative visual on the mission. They can not use a kit to build it. A was assigned Mission San Francisco de Solano. This is about a 2 hour drive from our house. After checking out a book about the mission A compelted his report and was launched on the task of building his mission. It turned out pretty good. He actually did all the work himself with only minimal help from us. I just hope it survives the trip to school tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Your son did a FANTASTIC job building the mission! I hope it survived the car ride to school! I don't assign my 4th graders the task of building a mission because I get so fearful of either too much or not enough parental involvement. I'm so glad that there are parents like you who let your child do the work but are there to offer support!

    ReplyDelete