Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Favorite Holiday Tradition





I love the Nutcracker ballet. Every year when I was a child my mom and dad would take my sister and I to see it. I was a special day. We'd get all dressed up, have a special lunch or tea and then go see the ballet. Now that we are grown, we take my daughter who is 7 and my sister's who is 5. Neither of my other boys are at all interested and my sisters daughter is to young, she just turned 2. We meet at the BART station and ride into down town SF, then we have lunch at Max's Opera Cafe and walk to the War Memorial Opera House. Each year we pick a new ornament for our tree at home and then see the ballet. We have cookies and hot chocolate at the intermission (the grownups have champange). Then we ride the train home. It's a wonderful day that we talk about all year long and look forward to next year. It really makes me feel like the Christmas Season is upon us. Here are some pictures from this year's trip. Just to satisfy the fashion side of the blog I would note that I am wearing a silk J Crew camisole from a few years ago. I don't know the name, my ivory celosia cardigan and a pair of Banana Republic black pants. C's dress is from Gymboree and her red coat is from Strasburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment