Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Last Day of School



Yesterday was the last day of school. According to my kids, summer has now officially started. I always take the first day and the last day of school off. That way I can attend class parties, hug and thank the teachers one more time and then we all go get ice cream. This year we are ending on a high note because our principle announced that despite the budget mess here in California we are losing no staff and no programs. Yeah for us! Above you see AGB (now a 5th grader), OPB (now in 2nd) and CMB (now in 3rd) When did they get so big? Ths time next year I will be posting pictures from AGB's 5th grade graduation! As Scarlett O'Hara would say "I can't think about that now, I'll think about it tomorrow!"



I love summer time. I love that it stays light outside longer and the kids run around outside with their friends. I love sleepovers and camping and road trips. My only sad face is that when you are a full time working parent summer sometimes feels like a trap. I am actually paying someone to have fun with my kids while I sit inside at my desk all day. Sometimes that feels like a huge bummer. Starting next week the kids will go to camp in the afternoon and the sitter will come in the morning. I'm planning to schedule a few days to play hookey and have some fun though, you can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment