Monday, August 1, 2011

Cousin Cabin Weekend

Every summer my sister, my two cousins and I take all the kids up to the cabin for a long weekend of fun. The cabin is in a little town called Fish Camp about 20 minutes from the south gate of Yosemite. Our grandparents built it when we were small and all of us have great memories of spending time there when we were small. It's only about 50 minutes from the town of Fresno where we grew up and where my two cousins still live. For my sister and I, who live in the Bay Area, it's closer to a 3 and a half to four hour drive but since it's not Lake Tahoe, there is very little traffic. The cabin is called "the BaxStop" because our grandparents name was Baxter. Every year we take a picture of the kids in front of the cabin sign. Mine are the oldest 3, my sister had two (her's is the littlest daughter and the blond boy in the navy shirt). The other two the next youngest girl and the blond boy in the red tee are my cousins. One other cousin isn't married but she brings her great dane, Trigger. All the kids love Auntie B the best. We have great fun playing in the creek and hiking. This year the water was high and fast and the dads were able to move a bunch of rocks in the creek so the kids could ride down the creek in tubes. It was a ton of fun! I'll put up some more pictures of the kids riding the tubes later but wanted to share these geat shots first.

The younger generations!

The original cousins! Stripes and solids!



No comments:

Post a Comment