Friday, October 21, 2011

Mad for Plaid

I love plaid and last night looking in my closet I realize that it is possible that the plaid shirts may have taken over from the navy striped ones. J Crew has done several great plaid shirts this fall and most of then have taken up residence in my closet. I really love their "Boy Shirt". It's slim and neat, not sloppy and it has a presence and style, whether worn with jeans or a pencil skirt. What do you think? Are you "mad for plaid"?


I love this navy with cream and red plaid shirt. It has the brass colored buttons too. I am wearing it to work today with dark trouser jeans and ballet flats. I also like the look of it as they styled it on the web site and might try it with my camel trousers. I also plan to wear it under my navy tippi sweater with the cuffs rolled back and my bronze ocher pencil skirt.

I know they have re-released this tartan shirt but I bought mine last winter. Looks great with black pants and is very festive and yet I don't think it screams "Christmas" so loudly that it couldn't be worn other times.


I loved this navy plaid shirt above so much that I also bought it in the red color. This one looks great with cords and jeans and is a weekend staple.


I also bought the fabulous quincy tartan shirt which appears to be sold out on the web site so I can't find a picture. It looks great under the navy Tippi and also under the camel one. I may need an intervention!





No comments:

Post a Comment