Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dear Jcrew, this is not a skirt


This may be a rant you have heard before so feel free to not read it. It has to do with Jcrew skirts. I am a tall lady at 5 feet 8 inches. A 14 inches skirt do not do it for me. Especially since I am not 16. Although frankly, even then they didn't do it for me. The above outfit, I won't even call it a skirt, looks like she wrapped the cookie monster around her lower half, or maybe a bathmat. All the skirts at Jcrew are either pencil or micor short. What gives? Remember the Belle skirt? One of my favorites. Or the Nicki? I love the pencils skirts but would really love a slightly longer, really Jcrew just 21 or 22 inches, pretty skirt for spring. Sigh, I'l keep hoping.

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I could not agree more. With every new roll-out, I keep hoping and assuming that this time, j.crew will have heard us out and put a beautiful a-line skirt out that is of decent length. We have not had a good one since the Nicki! Or the Eliza! I have been scouring ebay and the weekly exchange in a desperate attempt to stock up on those since clearly J.Crew wants us to look like high schoolers these days.

    ReplyDelete