Monday, October 11, 2010

How do you dress up pants?


I have a question, how do you make pants dressier? I have been slowly shifting most of my wardrobe from skirts to pants due to foot and ankle issues that make it necessary for me to wear flat shoes. I've pretty much got it down for work. Really that part isn't hard. But how do you take the same black and gray wool slacks to dressier events? We are invited to a house warming party this coming weekend. It's a a cocktail party and these friends are quite smart. I am sure it will be a fabulouse event. I have a great pair of black slacks but I am not sure how to take them beyond the office. I do also have minnie pants in black and coal. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd suggest a dressy top with your black pants, or even a simple top of sweater with some jewelry-maybe some J Crew bling. Black pants are an absolute classic for day to evening-but I think the Minnies are more fun if you can do a cute shoe and some sparkle on top. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with above, do you like ruffles? If so, I would try a top and then maybe a big bling bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been able to wear a heel of any kind for 10 years. I still wear skirts and dresses all the time with flats.

    ReplyDelete