Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The rule I fail to follow

In reviewing my list below about shopping I can see that there is one rule, well ok 2, that I consisitently have trouble with. That is dressing for the life i have, not the one I wish I had. Here's why, I used to be a stay at home mom. I was pretty hip. I loved my skinny jeans tucked into boot in the fall and my capris in the warmer weather. Then circumstances intervened and I went back to work full time.

A note of thanks, its a good job, in this economy I am lucky to have it and getting it has kept my family afloat. I always throw that in. It reminds me of what I heard Jeff Foxworthy say once about guys and their hair. They don't want to insult it in case it goes away.

Anyway so back why I keep breaking this rule. I don't live in my jeans, cords, j crew tee and down town field jacket anymore. No, I live in Banana Republic Martin pants and their no iron dress shirts. And don't get me started on the weekends. Some moms run around looking so cute at the soccer field and the baseball diamond. Not me. I'm that mom in the black ATSO ref tee shirt. I'm also that mom under the catchers gear warming up the little league pitcher. (I know that sounds silly but trust me, those 10 year olds really through hard and it hurts when they hit you!) So it seems like I rarely dress cute but casual on the weekends anymore either.

The issue is I have trouble with the line. Occasionally I cross the line and wear, say my imperial tee under a black suit or my stamp tee with pants and a cardi. Trouble is, I wish I was still that other person, living that other life. I know you can't go back again and I should be thankful (I am!) but still sometime I forget.

Oh, the other rule is that I often buy stuff on ebay without trying it on if I know it will fit. Not a huge sin I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment