Thursday, December 1, 2011

When the Grinch Comes Calling

As the clock clicks over to December, I find myself feeling somewhat Grinchy. The holidays can be a very stressful time and I always feel the pressure to create the perfect holiday moment. The best tree, just right presents, fabulously fun parties and terrific treats all need to be part of the mix and I find myself feeling overwhellmed and cranky. So how to keep the Grinch at bay?

First, I try to remind myself that I don't have to be perfect. The excitement of the season is really enough for my kids. Just being me is good enough. Second, I try and enjoy what I can. I work full time and am not the one home baking cookies (which is likely a good thing since I am

a terrible cook) but I can sit down after dinner with a cookie and hot choclate and hear about the mess they made with Dad. I can walk around the city at lunch and admire the tree in Union Square and the skaters at the Embarcadero. Third, I really do try and work out. It's horribly hard to get up in the cold and dark to do this before work, but it does make a difference.


Saturday we will go and get our tree and dress up our house for the season. Hopefully, the Grinch wont come bother us! Do you have any secrets for when the Grinch comes calling? If so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment