Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A "what is Jcrew thinking" moment


I have to say I really liked the most recent cataloge set in Portugal. I love the destination shots. Paris is my all time favorie and Scotland right after that. Still this item made me scratch my head. The painted scout chino, what is up with that? They cost over $70 and have holes and paint spatters. I don't know about you, but I throw my pants away when they look like that. I might keep them for painting I guess, or heavy duty yard work. No way would I wear them out of the house where someone might see me. My sister says that's a sign I'm getting old but I have to disagree. I've always been one of those people who gets dressed. Even in law school when we were studying for the bar and some folks used that as an excuse to spend a summer without showering or putting on real shoes. I like to look pretty and clasic and feel better about myself when I do. I am not edgy. I just don't get why you would pay extra for pants that look like they shold be thrown out.

1 comment:

  1. I agree- I don't understand why a pair of paint splattered pants with holes in them is deemed fashionable and worth over $70. I guess that's why I prefer the always classic and appropriate preppy look!

    ReplyDelete