Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Movie Night

One of the things we try to do as a family is have a "movie night". Dring the winter we build a fire and my husband makes his special kettle corn. Usually this is a Saturday night and it's a "Mommy's Pick". That means I get to choose. I don't know if it's just my kids but I do find that my little guys are resistant to something new. New movie, books, games, foods. Usually once tried, they are loved but it takes some nudging. I try and pick movies that will appeal to both side of the house. It's not easy to please a 10 year old boy, a 7 year old boy and a 7 year old girl as well as my husband. Some past picks that were sucessful included The Princess Bride, and Hook. This past weekend we watched Secretariat. It was a bet to appeal to my daughter who loves horses. It went over pretty well. I certainly loved it as did my daughter but there was no sword fighting so the boys liked it a little less. All in all it was a sucess. Do you do family movie nights? Game nights?








No comments:

Post a Comment