Monday, September 12, 2011

Blackwatch Plaid

I love plaid, really any plaid but I have an very special fondness for Blackwatch plaid with it's deep navy and greens. My parents call their barn Blackwatch Hill. All the horses have blackwatch plaid blankets and sheets with red monograms. I wish I had a picture to show you. We also all have blackwatch plaid saddle pads with the same red monograms. Next time I am home I will snap a picture, promise. Because we all love the plaid, it extends over into our cloths as well. It seems to be popular this fall as well. Here are some of my favorites!

Ralph Lauren's timeless bags. My mom has the whole set which she has had forever. It is a running joke between my sister and I that we will know who she loves best by who she leaves them to in her will.

This is J Crew's school boy blazer in the black watch plaid. For some reason the picture looks odd. I don't have this blazer but I have something even better. It's a Brooks Brothers boys blazer in a sz 16 which fits perfect. I found it one day in our Junior League's re-sale shop and ha to have it. I think I paid $15 for it and it looks perfect.



These Lands End plaid down vests are from last season. Everyone in the family, inlcuding all the grandkids have one. My husband and brother-in-law opted for solid navy instead but the rest of us adore them. I wear mine with red underneath. It's a weekend staple during the cooler months.


Do you have a favorite plaid?





No comments:

Post a Comment