Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Capes?






Capes, ponchos, whatever you want to call them seem to be big this fall. I especailly like these two in camel and black from J Crew and Loft. I've never worn a cape/poncho before and always sort of figured I never would. I was in elementary school in the mid seventies and figured if you were alive the first time the trend rolled around, you're too old the second time. But still, these intrigue me and yet I have no idea how to wear them or what to wear them with. Are they outerwear like a coat that comes off when you reach your destination? Are they like a wrap cardigan that is the focus of your outfit and stay on? I'm thinking they would look great over dark jeans and an ivory cashmere turtleneck with boots. But that's as far as my imagination goes. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment