Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cold Weather Warmers!

In cold weather nothing tastes better than a hot, warming drink. Now, I live in Northern California so what I consider to cold I admit is somewhat wimpy by most standards. It's been highs in the 40's and 50's for over a week and today it is raining. For us that equals articlly cold. Anywhat my first favorit, which my mother tells me is called a "Stonewall Jackson" after the famous Civil War general pictured below is delicious!



To make a "Stonewall Jackson combine 2oz. of Markers Mark with 5oz. of hot apple cider. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and some orange zest. Enjoy!
My personal favorite is called a "Stagecoach". I first discovered these at the Times Square Marriott hotel in New York City. I went to college in Connecticut and every December my parents would come to NYC and I would ride the train in to meet them for a long weekend of theater going and shopping. So much fun!

Anyway, to make a "Stagecoach" you take 20z of Bailys Irish Cream, 1oz of pepermint schnaps and mix it with 5 oz. of hot chocolate. Add marshmellows and stir with a pepermint stick. Really yummy.

I have also been told by my sis that if you put 2oz of vodka into a Starbucks Grande White Mocha it taste just like a hot White Russian. I haven't tried that one yet but admit that it sounds great! Do you have any favorite winter warmers? If so I'd love to hear so please share! Stay warm my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment