Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Written thank you cards and why I love stationary!

In todays wired world of facebook posts and tweets it can sometimes seem like the written thank you note on proper stationary has gone the way of the dodo. When you can pop on email and send a note of thanks I think that people feel their duty is done, at least they did say thanks! But really I sometimes feel like the written thank you note is the last gasp of civilization. My mother raised me right. I send a written thank you note for gifts received, dinner parties attended and other random acts of kindness. I also enforce this upon my kids. I know they hate it it is one of those things that falls under the heading of "you will thank me later". I have already sent all the cards my kids wrote, as well as my cards for this past holiday season. Don't hate me!

With this ingrained need to write cards comes a love of stationary. I love to buy new cards, pads stickers and I could go on and on. Bonus points if it is monogramed or pink. I just ordered new calling cards because we moved. I have buisness cards of course but I really prefer not to give those out if I meet someone fun and new at a party or even at the park. I save the business cards for, well business. I found these adorable cards at polka dot stationary, click herehttp://www.polkadotsstationery.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BG_18333&Category_Code=Adult_Notes&Product_Count=64

There are a ton of choices and I am still deciding but I am leaning towards these for spring. What are your views on the written thank you note? Do you love stationary?

No comments:

Post a Comment