Monday, January 10, 2011

Combatting the winter doldrums - with sparkles!


It's always a little sad when you get to the middle of January. All the decorations and lights have come down. It's cold and gray and spring and summer fun seem ages away. It can lead to an overwhellming sense of the gloomies. So in keeping with my main resolution for 2011, being more postive about live overall, I have decided to combat the winter blahs with some sparkles. No, I don't mean the J crew sequin tees, I mean the mental and emotional kind. The things that make your life a little more fun and exciting when you think about them. Sometimes just stopping to think about them makes them glitter a little more brightly! Here are my "sparkles"


1. A bright pink raincoat on a gray wet day

2. New red ribbons on my daughters braids

3. A gallop on my mare on a crip morning

4. Full reservoirs (We need rain in CA)

5. Little League starts (my son's favorite)

6. Resort collections in stores. The pcitures are fun, even if you aren't going anywhere.

7. The days start to get longer

8. A fresh pedicure

9. Date night

10. Going sledding with the kids

11. Hot chocolate with my husbands homemade marshmellows

Just a list of some of the things that make my winter a little less dark and gloomy. Do you have any sparkles? How do you combat the winter "gloomies"?

No comments:

Post a Comment